Today, many women are craving business opportunities, benefits, and grants to help them start an enterprise or expand existing ones. Of course, such support resources are available in the City of San Jose. But they are not always that easy to access and put to use, thanks to the ever-increasing demand for business assistance in San Jose. That means that resources are there, yes, but they are competitive. So many women are busy competing for the same resources. That is why it is important to ensure your application for some of these programs stands out from the rest? Where are these business resources and how can you win some of them? Keep reading this article for more information on the available business assistance programs, including opportunities, benefits, and grants for women in San Jose, California.
AnewAmerica Women’s Business Center – San Jose
AnewAmerica Women’s Business Center in San Jose provides services, including training and counseling support to women to help them start or expand their business and make them successful. The primary goal of the counseling and training sessions is to accommodate every women’s business needs and demands. The WBC sets aside 40 hours every week to carry out these sessions for the benefit of female entrepreneurs in San Jose. The WBC also spares additional hours during weekends or evenings for women in need of extra support to achieve their dreams. The AnewAmerica WBC provides these services regardless of the women’s nationality, race, color, or disability. Special attention and accommodation will be given to the disabled women if notice is given at least two weeks in advance. For those women who don’t speak English well, there are sessions for language assistance. find out more at https://www.anewamerica.org/en/services/anewamerica-women-s-business-center-san-jose.
New Opportunities for Outdoor Business in the City of San Jose
A wide variety of outdoor business opportunities is now available for women, although, that depends on the location of your enterprise. Want to apply? You can apply for free outdoor amenities for free. Amenities include free parking lots, parks, and street closures. For more details, please visit https://www.sjeconomy.com/why-san-jose/covid-19-guidance/sj-alfresco-initiative.
How to Get a Small Business Loan in San Jose, California
The City of San Jose is the economic epicenter of Silicon Valley due to its population, which makes it the largest in the Northern California area. Despite this, the female small business owners still experience challenges in obtaining business loans to support the growth of their enterprises. Why? because the traditional banks have strict measures when it comes to loan borrowing. Most women find it hard to cope with this. You don’t have to worry though. There are many financial options that you can always explore:
- Long-Term Small Business Loans. These are loans that have more than 2 years’ terms to get repaid. Long-term business loans can be an excellent resource for your business. Find out more about these loans at https://advancepointcap.com/business-loans/long-term-loans/.
- Business Line of Credit. This is a type of financing that allows female business-owners to draw funds when they need them. It charges interest and principal. Find out more about the business line of credit at https://advancepointcap.com/business-loans/business-line-credit/.
- Short-Term Small Business Loans. These are loans repaid after 6-18 months. The rates are not determined by principal and interest. They are rather determined based on a “factor rate”, which usually costs more than traditional bank loans. Find out more at https://advancepointcap.com/business-loans/short-term-business-loans/.
- Business Cash Advance. BAC is an agreement that allows a business to get paid in advance for future sales. The advance is offered at a discount and the business repays more than the amount discounted. Read more about https://advancepointcap.com/business-cash-advance-financing/.
- SBA Standard 7 (a) loan program for San Jose, This loan is designed to provide financial support to women-owned small businesses. The terms and conditions for these loans may vary depending on the products your business sell. You may use real estate as collateral to obtain the loan amount you want. For more details about qualifications, visit https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/grow-your-business/get-more-funding.
- SBA Loan Program 504 for San Jose, CA. The loan program provides funding to female business owners. The loan program also promotes economic development and generates employment opportunities for women in the City of San Jose. Visit https://www.sba.gov/business-guide/grow-your-business/get-more-funding for more information.
Northern California Procurement Technical Assistance Center (PTAC)
The Northern California PTAC provides counseling and training services to help female small business owners in issues related to government contracting. That enables the businesses to understand all the requirements to qualify for government contracting in the City of San Jose. For more details, please visit https://www.norcalptac.org/.
Northern California Small Business Development Centers (Norcal SBDC)
The Norcal SBDC comprises 18 centers committed to supporting small businesses. The center takes the female entrepreneurs through every aspect of business development, including startup, growth, business management, and operation. They provide advisory and training services free of charge to women who need help with carrying out their business operations. Want to get started? Find SBDC near you. Visit https://www.norcalsbdc.org/Locations.
Women’s Networking Alliance (WNA)
Are you a business owner and looking for a great networking opportunity? Willing to join a genuine networking group? Well, the Women’s Networking Alliance comprises members who will worry about your success and support your dreams. That is the kind of support you need to grow your business. The WNA holds meetings after every 3 weeks and only business owners are allowed to become members. You need to pay $200 every year as a member of the networking group. For more details, please visit https://www.womensnetworkingalliance.com/.
Support with small Business Insurance Claims – Silicon Valley Strong
Most female business owners have complained about not receiving payments from insurance companies for business interruption, like damages caused due to some disaster. Silicon Valley offers advisory services to female business owners undergoing the same situation in the City of San Jose. Please note that Silicon Valley Strong does not offer legal advice. they cannot also recommend you to an attorney who will help get you out of the situation. rather, they talk to you on the matter of being treated unfairly by the insurance companies to ensure you don’t incur any fees. For more details, please visit https://siliconvalleystrong.org/go-virtual/smallbiz/.